Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Who knew......

.......a group of third/fourth grader girls could run me to the ground! Yup that's right the run I did with them was enough mileage to stay on my schedule! They did 3.5miles today!! They were awesome. I had 6 new girls stay with me today and they just didn't want to stop! I kept saying ok how about we walk this lap and they said NO! I was beat by the end of the run! I was a sweaty mess!!

I got home and there was no way I could keep my eyes open. I slept for an hour then got back up to head back to the school to tutor. I got a solid hour in with my kiddo and he was so eager to do what ever I threw his way! He wants to come tomorrow too! But I explained to him its summer dude!!! Only two days a week we will work together.

OK...I am exhausted and I really wish that Girls on the Run lasted more than a week! Tomorrow starts back up Bri's long weekend. So we will be back to house work in the afternoon. Hopefully he will let me take a little nap! I bet the girls will get closer to 4miles tomorrow!!

QOTD: Have you ever trained with a kid? Your own children? Did they give you a run for your money?

1 comment:

Chels said...

Ha, that is too funny!! I am a 3rd grade teacher and we had a field day earlier this May. I decided to play soccer with the kids. They literally kicked my butt, I was so winded by the end of the game. Ah, to be young again.