Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Team work

Today's theme at Girls on the run was running in a team. The goal was to see how many laps 4 members combined could get. They had to pick how many they wanted to get then see if they could. I was very proud of my "runners". The 4 girls that run the entire time. They do the run straight ways walk the turns. They completed 45laps. All in all they ran 3.5 miles individually. These 4 girls worked so well as a team!!! Their goal was 40 laps...even after they met it they kept going! Though they were all running in a pack they are ones that don't want to chit chat!! I kept asking questions, trying to get them to talk but they just wouldn't jump in! But.......running in the pack they beat what they did in the past two days!

As a reflection these girls did realize they do better working as a team!


I began to reflect on this too.....when do I do better in my workouts and races? I feel like when I can talk to someone and or just be next to someone I do sooooo much better. In races where I have a huge gap and no one is around I get in a slump too. It is when I start to get in my head and it holds me back. These summer runs I am on my own and I am trying to focus on my goal for that day whether it was to be easy, tempo, or just for distance. But I do miss my runner partners!


When do you feel like you get a better workout? With a running buddy or on your own?

1 comment:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I run mostly all on my own. :( I think I run better this way, but it would be nice to have a closer option to train with someone and really be pushed.