Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rochester Marathon

Well I am starting to get everything put together for my training of the Rochester Marathon. I have it scheduled in my calender and finished making my training plan. I am going to follow a similar plan that I did for the Disney Marathon. I am going to do 3-5 mile runs during the week and then one cross training day. I will have Sunday's be my long run days while Bri sleeps the day away. My cross training is going to be biking to school for our summer reading events! That is 12miles I can get in!

Thursdays and some Saturdays will be my rest and enjoy the day type days! I am really looking forward to getting that started. I am going to spend June just getting stuff done around the house and taking in the summer. I will get into my true full training plan the last week of June.

I have several 5ks planned and a half marathon planned as well. They are all put into the schedule and my long runs are adjust around them. The weekend after my full there is a half marathon that runs right past my house. Hey Hey said suck it up and do it....well I will put it in the schedule and go from there. I know it was hard to run even 2 miles after Disney for a few days. I think I am sitting out on the four wheeler and spectating but ...we will see!

Now on to the fundraising aspect of things. I have raised money before for races but never handed it out further than family members. It is hard to ask for money or donations for some reason. I don't want people to feel obligated but it is for a good cause and it all goes directly to the foundation. I have a website that you can go to and donate. If your little awesome blogger hearts desire you can go visit it and maybe possible help me reach my goal!

Rochester Marathon Fundraiser Website

No comments: