Monday, May 9, 2011

Not my day

Well today started out just OK. When I got in bed last night my stomach was not behaving. I have a history of bad regularity I guess is the polite way of putting it. I can go a very long time with out visiting the ladies room. So my belly was really hurting last night. I had a very restless sleep and woke feeling miserable. I eventually woke up completely around 9am and was doing fine at work. I took a group outside to use sidewalk chalk and do some writing activities. It was beautiful out and the boys enjoyed having the lesson outside. But after that lesson my eyes never readjusted. I have had a terrible migraine since then. I have drank 3.5 nalgene bottles since 1pm and I still haven't shown proof of hydration.

My plan was to run 6-8 miles this afternoon, even with my migraine I was checking the route online at the end of the day preparing. Then noticed I didn't have my change of clothes. UGH!

So I ran a few errands and headed home. (Bday present #2 for Manda and I picked up the same Champion shirt I picked up for her the other day!! So true that neon pink is the perfect shirt to wear in a big race!! We make cute twinkies...aka what we call each other when we show up to a run/race with the same clothes on)

When I got home I laid down and feel asleep with my arm covering my eyes. Bri found me on the couch when he woke up to get ready for work. The migraine was even worse then it was before I feel asleep. I still wanted to get my run in so I said I would eat some dinner then head out when he left for work. But every time I stood up i couldn't even keep my eyes open. I guess i have sat out in the sun too much this weekend and the few minutes today didn't help. Guess I am still adjusting to the warmer weather. As far as the run goes....I will just have to hope I am ready for the two races I have this weekend, a 10k on Saturday and a 15mile trail run/hike on Sunday.

Sometimes you have to listen to your body first no matter how much you want to get a run in!

No comments: