Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Beautiful Day....... but rough day

Workout: 4miles 34:43 (8:37 pace) flat bike path, 80+ degrees

Today was a rough day at work.....blah blah blah. Testing testing testing. i have already bored you enough describing my next few weeks of my life at work. no more routine, fun and games. It is crunch time to get all the data in and you can see it affecting teachers and kids. I am so ready for June 3rd!!
Hey Hey and I after our 4mile run
(Don't mind the fact that my sunglasses are bigger than my face. I don't like any sun in my eyes!)

Ran today with Hey Hey on the bike path. It was gorgeous but I learned quickly that my mouth was making my feet move too fast for a 4mile run. Don't worry hey hey let me know!! LOL ;) Once we got into a good pace we were doing good. Hey Hey's legs were feeling a little tired but I am sure after her stretching and maybe yoga or walk with the dogs she will be feeling much better. Hoping to get another run in tomorrow too! While cooking dinner tonight I started Jillian Michaels Yoga Melt down. I have no flexibility so this is ALL hard for me. But it is a goal to strengthen and stretch more.
For dinner tonight I made one of Bri's favorites.....stromboli. It is steak-um, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese. VERY healthy....NOT!!! I am trying to load up in case I can run the 15miler this weekend (pray for no rain so I can run it!!). Either way I will have the carbs for the May Day 10k on Saturday. I will do that one rain or shine because it is all flat on the bike path.

After a few errands around the house....washing my car, starting to clean before my parents come this weekend, and dishes...it is time for IDOL!!!!!!


QOTD: What do you eat leading up to a big race? Do you increase calories, load up on carbs or stick to routine?

No comments: