Over the past few months I have seen a few 30 before 30 post and recaps. I turn 30 in sept. and was thinking if there was anything I wanted to accomplish before that big move into the next age group bracket. Is it said that is all I see it as? Not getting older but put into the bigger and faster age group??
Anyways I will be working on making a list. I will try to get 30things but I might not have that many. I will start with the first ten fitness ones I have so far.
1. Finish another Marathon Training Plan with no injuries.
2. Complete the marathon (it is the weekend afterwards so I will be in the new age group then)
3. Continue to go to the gym 2-3 times a week.
4. Drink at least 1-2 nalgene bottles a day.
5. Continue to cross train weekly (zumba, bike, elliptical)
6. Complete at least 2 half marathons
7. Ride my bike 3 times a week from May-September
8. Purchase pepper spray or something else to carry with me on runs I do alone.
9. Drink more smoothies with protein powder. I already have the powder but just stopped using it when I was not running.
10. Make more HEALTHY MEALS that will give me more energy for long runs. Bri will prob not like this because he likes his frozen pizza (I do to), mac and cheese from a box, and very unhealthy pastas.
That is a start and all things I should be able to accomplish. I just need to be smart and safe about the training plan this time around. I am really cutting back on unnecessary 5k's and such. No trying to go all out on long runs either. Go slower and look to slowly negative split on long runs. Ok so there are a few more goals too.
QOTD: Did you do anything before you turned a certain age? Was turning 30 a big thing for you?