I have some fitness facts that I have yet to share with you all so thought it would be the perfect time!
1. I ran XC in high school only because the soccer coach told me I can run but not play soccer. I started XC then and never looked back. Though I cried when I had to tell my dad I didn't make the soccer team....it took a year for him to accept that running was as exciting to watch as well!
2. I learned so much from my XC coach in High school I still am in contact with him 11years later.
3. My doctor told me that the stress from running and the schedule I was on in high school contributed to me having seizures. My parents would not let me join the team my senior year. I gained 30pounds and went into depression. I went away to college met some girls on the track team and decided it was my choice now. I got a hold of the coach and walked on to the team. I told my parents after I was already on the team.
4. I had 3 different coaches during my time on the team in college. I got injured while running for each coach. The first injury I tore my quad and was on crutches for weeks. Next I got Plantar fasciitis. Lastly I had major IT band issues.
5. Here is the biggie.....to continue to exercise during the injuries I learned to race walk. Yup...the funny walking! I competed nationally and was ranked and everything. I raced in NYC, Philly, Niagara Falls, and Florida. Once I find some pics I will post them....they are quite hilarious!
QOTD: What are some of your fitness facts that you haven't shared yet??